Monday, August 18, 2008

A Tatted Barrette, Motif #3








After seeing Jan Stawasz's incredible website, I was inspired to try to create my own barrettes. The hardest part was finding a supplier for the barrette parts.
I covered the blank with black velvet and then attached it to the clip. The tatting (valiere squares, Fora #20) was attached with fabric tac. I'm also working on an oval version, I hope to be able to share it soon.
I wanted to share a non-tatted project I recently completed. I have a sister who is a horse fanatic so I found an antique pattern for a filet crochet horse head
antimacassar. Its a Christmas present. I made it with #30 thread

3 comments:

Marty said...

Nice barrette -- the square motifs look really chic on the black velvet. The horse head filet is beautiful -- lucky giftee!

csipkelelkű said...

Yes, very nice barrette. I had an attempt with a barrette too, but it wasn't a success. I covered the blank with white silk (actually it was curtain remnant), but the result is too chaotic... Your barrette is just perfect!

Unknown said...

The barrette turned out lovely. It will look so pretty in a hairdo. The filet crochet is lovely, too.