Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Blizzard of Tatting motif #1 of 2nd 25

I finally got DSL its amazing what a difference it makes after using dial-up.
It's been a while since I've blogged, but I've still been busy tatting, one of my distractions from blogging was performing my first wedding. The lucky couple are members of the Church I pastor and were actually renewing their vows. They had been married 60 years and had their children, grandchildren and a multitude of great grandchildren in attendance. They even had the couple that been their witnesses there (they had just celebrated 60 years of marriage themselves).
Back to tatting... I've been tatting a blizzard ever since Christmas. Several of the snowflakes are patterns by Tina Frauberger, Jan Stawasz and Teri Dusenbury all done in Flora #20. After blocking them I stiffened them with a water/glue mixture and sprinkled them with some micro glitter. It doesn't show in the photos but it gives a nice finish.
I'm counting all of them as motif#1 of my second 25.





3 comments:

Needledreams said...

They are so pretty!!!

Quiltification said...

Wow - those snowflakes are stunning. And you've given me some ideas of where to look for more snowflake patterns. Thanks.

Unknown said...

These are all so beautiful, Alan! Just lovely!!