Thursday, January 28, 2010

Silver Horse Head Earrings motif#5


Tatting in silver gives you a very different perspective. 1) you can't just try out a pattern in silver, mistakes are costly. 2) you have to have very strong and steady hands, 3) you can't watch TV and tat in silver ( a real bummer) - you have to focus 4) you have think about negative space in a new way - you can't stiffen it.
----- but I'm still having fun doing it!

These are Dawn's horse head earrings in silver, my latest work. Watch for them in my ETSY store.

3 comments:

♥ Heather ♥ said...

those are very nice!! I really dont think I could tat with silver. :) GREAT JOB

Rayanna said...

oh so lovely alan. Had horns and they can be unicorns. My mom's favorite.

❦TattingChic said...

Wow, Alan, that is probably the nicest tatting I've seen done in this kind of medium! :)